[1/2] opengl32/tests: Add tests for special case of SetPixelFormat

Matijn Woudt tijnema at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:41:53 CST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 November 2010 15:05, Matijn Woudt <tijnema at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For the implementation, we might be able to detect this inside
>> CreateDevice, and skip the creation of a swapchain. Not sure if that's
>> a correct fix though.
>>
> Swapchain creation isn't something you want to skip. Perhaps it's
> possible to delay GL context creation until something actually needs
> it though. I'm curious if things like DrawPrimitive() shouldn't fail
> anyway when the device is created with GetDesktopWindow() as window.
> Another option may be to allow the D3D context to be created, but
> immediately mark it invalid.

I gave the visual test suite a shot, normal test run on my Windows 7 x64:
visual.c:196: Driver string: "atiumdag.dl
visual.c:197: Description string: "ATI Ra
visual.c:199: Device name string: "\\.\DI
visual.c:201: Driver version 8.14.10.678
----
visual: 5493 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 75 failures), 3 skipped.

now, changing the code in create_window to return GetDesktopWindow(), gives

visual.c:196: Driver string: "atiumdag.dl
visual.c:197: Description string: "ATI Ra
visual.c:199: Device name string: "\\.\DI
visual.c:201: Driver version 8.14.10.678
----
visual: 5493 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 75 failures), 3 skipped.

There's only 1 difference, the first one really shows a window with
all the triangle's, like it should. Second one doesn't show anything.
So all the functions don't fail, they just don't seem to do anything.