quartz: Start DirectSound renderer as soon as possible.

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Sat Nov 20 20:54:11 CST 2010

I've been working on a set of patches (compiled together and attached for
your convenience) to fix the background music in Fallout 3 (Bug #24478) and
I've run into some trouble recently with commit
64b14c0ecdd13530a92ff636c451523a99253a0b.  Before that commit (or removing
that commit in current git) and applying the patches allows the music to
function in both the main menu, properly stop when the menu is closed, and
later play again when the user is in the game.  With said commit applied
these patches still permit the background music to work when at the main
menu; however, the moment the "stop" occurs on exiting the menu then all
audio in the entire game ceases to function.  I would really appreciate any
feedback you can provide or pointers on where to look for the source of this
problem.  Thanks in advance!

Erich Hoover
ehoover at mines.edu