[mscoree/tests 4/4] Fix test failures on W2K and earlier

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 10:57:04 CST 2010

I think this test can be removed.

I wanted to verify that LoadLibraryShim would succeed for a dll that
is absent from the .NET system directory but present in system32. I
had heard of LoadLibraryShim succeeding for gdiplus, so I was very
surprised when this failed.

I was so surprised that I did the same test with gdi32, because I was
sure that would never be duplicated. (And it looks like it isn't.)

I think that the older versions must have gdiplus in the .NET system
directory so that the System.Drawing libraries (which are a thin
wrapper around gdiplus) can load it. I guess that .NET searches for
libraries in the .NET system directory and the regular path, meaning
this is not needed on later versions of Windows that have gdiplus in
system32.

Anyway, I think this shows that the success or failure is not
important in this case, and we don't need the test.