services: Allow one more combined service type

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Tue Nov 23 16:17:04 CST 2010

Am 23.11.2010 22:31, schrieb Paul Vriens:
> Hi André,
>
> On 11/23/2010 08:45 PM, André Hentschel wrote:
>> I have a service with type 3, this patch allows him to run.
>> It runs perfectly and does not produce FIXMEs or ERRORs, so it's fine.
>> ---
>
> Do you have some more information?
>
> It's not possible (at least on XP) to create a service that has
> 'SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER | SERVICE_FILE_SYSTEM_DRIVER'.

After that i tested a bit the service installer of the app (WinIoEx, can be found somewhere at sourceforge) and it
seems the ServiceType in the Registry is sometimes set to 1(as the app wants it to) and sometimes to 3(wtf?).
Can you confirm this?
The regkey is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WINIOEX\Type
i'm running a wow64 setup

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel