Wine runs IE7!

Lee mail at leeunderwood.org
Fri Nov 26 03:36:09 CST 2010

Hans Leidekker <hans <at> codeweavers.com> writes:

> Well, sort of. I found bugs in shell32, rpcrt4, comctl32 and wininet
> that I had to implement, stub and override my way past before it would
> render a page, but finally, here's the obligatory screenshot.
>
>  -Hans

Well it sure would be nice to know what you did. I had the page one time but no
address bars, menus, etc. Right now I only the browser, without anything, just a
frame. I tried it this way:
http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/applications/how-to-install-internet-explorer-8-ie-8-on-linux.html
but it didn't do any good either. According to them, it's really easy but they
don't seem to offer any support. It sure would be nice to go beyond IE 6
(although I must say that but messing around with all this, IE 6 looks a bit
better.).