[2/2] atl: add support for binary values in IRegistrar

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 15:18:24 CST 2010

Hi Damjan,

On 11/24/2010 10:10 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Changelog:
> * atl: add support for binary values in IRegistrar
>
> It appears that 'm' (REG_MULTI_SZ) values do not work on Windows (not
> even the MSDN example on
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ttd53fhh(VS.71).aspx), so this
> concludes the patch set.

I see some failures on test.winehq.org:

http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/atl:registrar.html

My Win95 also fails and all the Windows boxes that fail, fail with
0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION).

Removing both binary values from textA (and the corresponding tests of
course) makes the tests succeed on my Win95 box. Does that makes sense?

I could imagine that binary values are not supported on Win95 but the
same (?) issue is also present on some NT4, XP and even Windows7. So
what decides if binary values are supported?

--
Cheers,

Paul.