mshtml.inf: Add default GeckoCabDir

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Fri Oct 1 07:53:51 CDT 2010

  On 10/1/10 2:31 PM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Jacek Caban<jacek at codeweavers.com>  writes:
>
>> You can't do that. The default is what's found by 'step (2)' from your
>> description, not any hardcoded path. The version from Gecko package is
>> meant for packaged Wine. You should copy the .cab file to appropriate
>> directory for your own build.
> I don't think there would be any harm in trying some global paths even
> when running from the build tree, so that people can install their
> distro's wine-gecko package and have private builds take advantage of
> it.  But of course this should be done directly in the code, not by
> changing the default registry entry.

That's a matter of trivial patch, but what would be the candidate for a
path hardcode? '/usr/share/wine/gecko/' seems like the best choice since
that's where most distros will install Gecko.

BTW, I don't have much hope that there will be good CAB tool for Linux, so
I'd like to get rid of CAB as an archive format for Wine Gecko package in
the next release. I think we'd better have the strategy (and maybe code)
ready for this now. We need a file format that will be understood by Wine.
I can see following options:

- Windows has builtin support for ZIP files. It's hidden behind an obscure
APIs, but it's something we could implement and use in MSHTML.
- Use .tar.gz files. We already use zlib in Wine, we could use it in
MSHTML. tar format is simple enough to implement its custom handling.
- Any other idea?

Do you have any opinion?

Thanks,
     Jacek