kernel32/process: Implement GetLogicalProcessorInformation (rewrite - try 3)

Rudolf Mayerhofer rm at eightyfive.net
Mon Oct 4 13:18:48 CDT 2010

>I don't know much about kernel32/ntdll, but I'm pretty sure that you
>could get this to work through ntdll. NtQuerySystemInformation with
>SystemProcessorInformation/SystemLogicalProcessorInformation (see
>http://undocumented.ntinternals.net/UserMode/Undocumented%20Functions/System%20Information/SYSTEM_INFORMATION_CLASS.html)
>should help. http://native-nt-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ndk/extypes.h
>(read, don't copy) seems to have a pretty exhaustive set of
>definitions, but even that's not complete. Some tests for the NT
>version would be useful.
>
>Mike.

SystemLogicalProcessorInformation seems to be the right SystemClass for
NtQuerySystemInformation. But here's the Problem. I don't have any idea how i
could any information about the struct returned by calling
NtQuerySystemInformation with SystemLogicalProcessorInformation (= 73).

The only windows machine i have access to a the moment keeps throwing status
0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at me which doesn't help at all and i'm pretty
much stuck right now. If i could get my hands on the struct returned by
NtQuerySystemInformation it should be easy to change the patch to do the
parsing in ntdll and just call that from kernel32.