Accessibility in wine

Seth Shelnutt shelnutt2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 08:21:25 CDT 2010

I can't seem to find much info on this. What is wine's support for MSAA or
the newer UIAutomation? I see that there is the oleacc dll which is the main
dll for MSAA. According to the API site, is seems there are still 10 stubs.
Looking at the source code there hasn't been any updates in over a year. We
don't have the UIAutomation dll yet. Does anyone know the status of
MSAA/UIAutomation support in wine?

I'm trying to get NVDA working and still running into some issues with it
requiring UIAutomation.dll, when according to them, that dll is optional.
After I get that worked out I'm hoping to see what needs to be done to get
MSAA supported under wine.

Thanks,

Seth Shelnutt