Set base direction of web site to RTL language for Hebrew

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sun Oct 17 07:18:42 CDT 2010

On 17/10/10 13:52, Yaron Shahrabani wrote:
> Waste of time, there are several objects that should be LTR (like the
> news list) and some images that need to be flipped horizontally, plus
> I have already done all the stuff I said, basically this patch is
> useless...
I will accept and admit your accusation of me not being psychic in
sensing your incoming patches. Your patches are, indeed, more
comprehensive than mine, but I believe they are inferior in at least one
important aspect.

You direct the code to load styles-rtl.css instead of styles.css. This
encourages future site maintainers to perform changes to the CSS that
will break the RTL version of it, due to not noticing the existence of
the rtl version. I believe the approach I took, of including styles.css,
and then including a second css only aimed at correcting the what needs
to be corrected, would work better in the long run.

Another manifestation of this difference can be seen when you place a
"dir=" directive on the <body> tag of "content_print.template". This is
change does not pass strict HTML validation, and would be unnecessary
had the two CSS approaches been used.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh