windowscodecs: Fix *_CopyPixels functions to properly handle a NULL rectangle

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Mon Oct 18 23:53:41 CDT 2010

On 10/18/2010 12:51 PM, Krzysztof Nowicki wrote:
> Where I come from copying structures directly is considered bad practice and
> it's safer to use memcpy. We had problems before with broken compilers that
> would try to do some black magic in such cases.
Then don't use broken compilers. GCC handles struct copying this just fine.
And it's up-to compiler what sort of magic it's uses white or black. As long
as struct gets copied you are all set.

> If the policy for Wine is to copy structures directly then I'll respect it.
I'm not the one setting policies, but that's what you should do - utilize C
language constructs instead of going around them.

Vitaliy.