Console issues in recent git

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Thu Sep 2 06:07:59 CDT 2010

to summarize a bit:
- wineserver doesn't reset the terminal attributes if it's killed (to be
fixed)
- command line edition is not supported. it was not supported either in
previous console code (outside of wineconsole). this is to be provided in
next patches
- I have no idea on the blank outputs. is the wine program you're testing
the first one to be launched ?
- <enter> issues should be looked at (sounds like bad \r, \n, \n\r
conversions)

A+

2010/9/2 Octavian Voicu <octavian.voicu at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Anyone else's terminal emulators really acting up since the last git
> > batch? On konsole (2.5//4.5.00), I'm unable to see what I'm writing if
> > there is a wine process running, until it's killed. This is probably a
> > konsole bug, but still...
>
> Actually, I've run into this yesterday, not sure what the cause is
> (could be Eric's console patches, not cleaning up properly).
>
> To fix it, type `reset' in the offending terminal (even if you don't
> see anything you type, just type <enter>reset<enter>). It will reset
> all terminal attributes.
>
> Octavian

Eric Pouech