shell32/tests: Test that a folder can be named when clicking "Make New Folder"

Michael Mc Donnell michael at mcdonnell.dk
Fri Sep 3 08:31:33 CDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 6:45 AM, Frank Richter <frank.richter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10.08.2010 20:22, Michael Mc Donnell wrote:
>> When a user clicks the "Make New Folder" button a new folder is created.
>> The name of the folder is selected, and the dialog box waits for the user
>> to either accept the name or type in a new one. The test types in a
>> new folder name and checks that the new folder gets that name.
>
> Also, you seem to emit “Alt+M” as part of the test. This is rather
> fragile, as the hotkey for “Make new folder” is most likely _not_ M on
> Windows or Wine translated to other than English.
> I believe the safe way to deal with that is to send a WM_COMMAND message
> with the ID of the “Make new folder” button.
> Wine test bot has a number of non-English VMs, so make sure you try your
> patches there.

Thanks for the tip. I was actually using WM_COMMAND to start with but
I could not find a way to type in a folder name. On windows the dialog
creates a new folder, selects the folder name, and waits for the user
to type in a folder name. When I use SendMessage with WM_COMMAND then
the dialog does not wait for the user to type in a name. I can get the
dialog to wait for a folder name by using PostMessage instead, but
that creates a bunch of other problems. I do have a patch in the
pipeline that sorta works, but it behaves differently when I compile
it with crosstest vs. the visual studio compiler.