Keeping people from trying iTunes in Wine?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Sep 11 13:52:10 CDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Michael Hunter
<michaelrf.hunter at gmail.com> wrote:
> what process would I have to adopt to be able to
> help myself and others to run iTunes under Wine? Admittedly, I would
> need to use the iTunes store and maybe this could be a problem. I have
> noted the comments in the AppDB relating to iTunes version 9.2.1.
> I would appreciate your comments on whether this is advisable etc

That's the point of this thread - it's not advisable for the average user
to try iTunes newer than version 7 or so.  And even then, IIRC, it won't
talk to newer iPods, and it's slow.

Anyone who wants can try fixing the related wine bugs, but they're
hard, not something beginners can help with.