Release plans

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Sep 13 11:36:10 CDT 2010

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, Edward Savage wrote:
[...]
> Out of interest why are applications not considered release goals? I'm
> sure there is a very good reason I'd just like to know it.  Just seems
> to me that it would be a good idea to pick a handful of very popular,
> but mostly ignored, applications and focus on having them work well by
> release (CS5 is an example I can think of immediately).

One should not have to go out and buy a specific application to be able
to work on a release goal. Another issue is applications that keep
changing: we don't want to make Fozzle 7.0 into a release goal if one
month from now all one can download is Fozzle 7.3. Applications that
have neither issue could potentially be turned into release goals.

              E-Voting: Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
                 Those who count the votes decide everything.