User-settable limit on desktop window size?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Sep 16 04:05:11 CDT 2010

Hi,

Alexandre Julliard wrote in another thread:
>The destop window is supposed to be the size of the whole screen.

Is there something to have Wine consistently lie about the real size,
i.e. report no resolution above 1024x768?
I'm asking because I can remember some apps whose "centered" logos
or requesters appear almost outside the virtual desktop window,
towards the lower right, as if their coordinates were based on
the physical dimension of the display.

This is more and more problematic for old apps that may not work
well on today's huge monitors (e.g. 1920x...) and need a virtual
desktop to work (full screen mode may not be adequate or supported).

OTOH I find it good when (other) apps can resize an initially small virtual
desktop window (Motocross Madness 2 comes to mind, whose menu
uses 640x480 only and resizes to much larger resolutions during race).

Thank you for your help,
 Jörg Höhle