libwine: Make addresses above 0x82000000 available on FreeBSD.

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 16:37:28 CDT 2010

On Monday, September 20, 2010 2:20:00 pm Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> I've attached a patch that takes a different approach. I still need to
> test it more extensively, but is this patch acceptable in principle?
>
> It adds an mmap symbol to the loader thereby overriding the libc symbol.

I've actually been working on a patch recently that does this, and will
probably be RFC'ing it here soon. It overrides the mmap/munmap calls and
redirects them to use the process heap when possible. You have to be careful,
though, because 'mmap' uses off_t. On 32-bit systems this is by default a 32-
bit type, but with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64, off_t becomes a 64-bit type and mmap
is redirected to mmap64.