winscard.dll

Mounir IDRASSI mounir.idrassi at idrix.net
Tue Sep 28 22:40:20 CDT 2010

viny <vincent.hardy.be <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Yes I started with this referenced discussion.
>
> Here is a first patch. With it, Winscard can identify your smartcard reader.
>
> Is it good enough to be sent to wine-patch ?

Hi Vincent,

I'm the original author of the Winscard patch sent in 2007 and I see that the
patch you have sent is just a subset of the code I originally posted.
However, I don't see any credits to me or IDRIX in you submission.

I'm sure this is a honest omission and I hope that it will be corrected in
future patches.

Just for the record, I provide since 2007 a 32bit Linux binary of
winscard.so.dll that have full PC/SC support.
Last Tests conducted two weeks ago against Wine 1.3.1 and latest Linux ditros.
Here is the link to it :
http://www.idrix.fr/Root/SCard4Wine/winscard.tar.gz

In the coming days, I'll prepare an updated version of the 2007 patch that can
be applied cleanly against the latest source tree.

That being said, I thank Vincent for his efforts in order to revive Wincard
integration into Wine and I hope that it will finally succeed after more than
three years of stagnation. Till now, most smart card users under Wine rely
solely on the binary I provide or compiling their own using the original patch.

Cheers,
--
Mounir IDRASSI
IDRIX