Managing word agreements in PO translations?

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 08:37:08 CDT 2011

2011/4/22 Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>:
> Frédéric Delanoy <frederic.delanoy at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> OTOH, creating a distinct msgcontext for every agreement in every
>> supported language may be overkill, although the number of affected
>> msgids is limited.
>>
>> What's your opinion on how to handle that, folks?
>
> Feel free to add contexts where necessary.

It's just that it feels weird to add a context for a specific form of
a specific language
Ex: HKY_NONE "None"  in comctl32.rc:44

converted to HKY_NONE "#msgctxt#feminine agreement#None"

since this agreement doesn't exist in English

Is it the way it should be done? Or am I completely wrong?

I  mean, the "hotkey" translation has feminine form in French, but
could have any other form in another language.

Frédéric Delanoy