Matching Windows 7 folder locations?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Apr 22 16:30:06 CDT 2011

Windows 7 changed the folders in c:/users/$USERNAME around a bit.

My Documents is now just a link to the new folder Documents
Application Data is now just a link to the new folder AppData/Roaming
Local Settings is now just a link to the new folder AppData/Local

How is this going to affect Wine?   Well-behaved apps that use
CSIDL_PERSONAL to get at "My Documents" or "Documents" will
work regardless, but users or badly behaved apps might start expecting
the shorter directory names sometime.  (I always hated the spaces, anyway.)