Matching Windows 7 folder locations?

Kornél Pál kornelpal at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 02:11:55 CDT 2011

Hi,

Note that these changes were introduced in Windows Vista, so
applications that are being actively maintained should have no issues
with these changes.

Also note that on localized versions localized folder names link to the
English physical folder, so the folder structure is more consistenc
across localized versions of Windows.

Legacy applications on the other hand are a different story and
application compatibility hacks have to be used anyway. Changing shell
folder names and and linking legacy names is most likely a working
solution since that also was introducted in Windows Vista and was not
refined in Windows 7.

Kornél