gecko and native msvcrt

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Apr 29 16:07:46 CDT 2011

While testing a game with current gecko, I saw the error

wine: Call from 0x7bc4ad90 to unimplemented function msvcrt.dll._snwprintf_s,
aborting

The game needed a native msvcrt, so I had installed one with winetricks,
and it didn't export that function.

So it seems that new gecko is incompatible with old msvcrt,
and using native msvcrt as a workaround for bugs in wine's
version is going to be harder than it used to be.

Time to fix more of them msvcrt bugs, I guess...
And/or find a more up to date msvcrt.dll for winetricks.