D3D performance debugging report

Emanuele Oriani emaentra at ngi.it
Sat Apr 30 11:26:04 CDT 2011

Hi Stefan,

What do you think about using inline spinlocks (in asm code maybe) to
implement locks?
Clearly an optimized spinlock would mean different code for different
compilers/architectures, but shouldn't it be the best solution?
For your reference, once I commented out the GL locks to see StarCraft 2
performance, but it crashed straight away.

What do you reckon?

Cheers,

P.s Keep up with this fantastic work! :-)