kernel32: GetVolumeInformation and FS flags

GOUJON Alexandre ale.goujon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:07:51 CDT 2011

As I'm updating GetVolumeInformation to add UDF support, I noticed file
system flags differ from one Windows version to another.
For instance, on TestBot and NTFS I get [1] :
- 000700FF for XP and W2K3
- 002700FF for Vista and W2K8
- 03E700FF for 7

Should I
- not test flags, don't bother ? (hides the issue)
- set only common bits ? (make everyone happy)
- set the most recent values ? (as we already mark results from older
windows versions as broken)
- set output values depending on windows version ? (something not to in
wine as I know)

Is there any known application depending on an exact value ?
---
[1]: https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=13304