wined3d: Only update the sampler map when needed

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Aug 11 17:10:46 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 26 July 2011 23:13:53 Henri Verbeet wrote:
> > +        device->fixed_function_usage_map = 0xff;
> This looks questionable, it will cause unused textures to be loaded.
I'll try to cover this with my draw overhead test, but I have to get rid of
its use of a pixel shader first.

Performance concerns aside, I don't really like loading textures depending on
the shader or ffp settings. Currently its not an issue because we preload all
used textures every draw, but if we want to change that one day we'll have to
keep track of the ffp and shader states to figure out which textures to
preload. If we ignore the shader/ffp setup when deciding which textures to
preload we keep the states independent.