Wine Gecko 1.3-beta1

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Sun Aug 14 11:10:37 CDT 2011

On 7/25/11 6:30 PM, Jacek Caban wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just uploaded a new Wine Gecko beta package. It's a bit earlier
> than we usually updated the package, but it's part of the plan. The last
> release was the most successful ever - we've successfully avoided
> regressions and fixed existing bugs. The fact that we had long (over
> month) beta period and that the release was made based on stable Firefox
> release helped a lot IMO. We can improve stability of Gecko package by
> releasing more often, meaning less changes are included in each single
> release. We can do this thanks to Mozilla rapid release cycles, that
> gives us a chance to release Wine Gecko based on the very recent code
> base, stabilized by Mozilla every six weeks. Six weeks releases are,
> however, more than we can handle and more than we need, so my current
> plan is to release every two Firerox version (that is every 12 weeks),
> with no pressure.

Firefox 6 will be released over next few days, but I will be on
vacations for a week, so our Gecko release will be a bit later. I
haven't heard about any regression so far. Also changes in Mozilla code
since out beta seem pretty safe, so unless I will hear about any
regression, there won't be RC build and I will do the final build when
I'm back.

Jacek