About cmd patches

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Aug 19 08:40:47 CDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 2:15 AM, Nowres Rafid <nowres.rafed at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That means that your patch series
>> [1/2] cmd: fixing an error with redirection operators
>> [2/2] cmd/tests: fixing an error with redirection operators (updating
>> test results)
>>
>> is incorrect, since tests marked todo_wine will fail after the first
>> patch.
>
> i queued these patch in my email client, but when I sent them they were sent
> in bad order.

It doesn't matter what order they were sent in, I think.
There's no way that applying one of those patches would
yield working tests.

If you want to do a two patch series, you can, but every
patch in the series has to pass tests on its own.
That may mean sending new tests first with extra todo's,
then removing the todo's in the second patch which fixes them.

In this case, you weren't adding any new tests, so there's no
first test patch in the series; you really should just send
a single merged patch.
- Dan