What gstreamer plugins are actually needed?

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 17:59:38 CDT 2011

On 08/20/2011 12:15 AM, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> I'm trying to cleanup a bit of a packaging mess whereby Wine currently
> pulls in 250 or so gstreamer plugins.
>
> Which ones are actually useful for applications?  Do we even know?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott Ritchie

wine-gstreamer only needs decoding and parser filters, and gstreamer-plugins-base, but honestly I'd leave in as many as possible because you never know which one wine wants. I honestly don't know about the subsets, it seems people file bugs about tons of exotic codecs because older games have a wide variety of those..

~Maarten