[1/3] wined3d: Constant load optimisations

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 17:18:56 CDT 2011

On 20 August 2011 23:49, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> The graphs are nice to click through them,
Well, it's Flash. Note that the patch has some issues, style being
perhaps the most obvious, but there's no point even talking about that
without seeing numbers first. Also, since people tend to get this
wrong, it's perhaps worth pointing out that frame time is a more
interesting metric than fps in most cases.

> My impression was that the drivers already set unused constants to -1.
Yes, that's somewhat suspicious, although it's possible that the
constants all being in a single array prevents that. I'd have to look
up if the spec has anything to say about this.