Cmd tests timeout and splitting tests

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 18:04:55 CDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 01:24, Octavian Voicu <octavian.voicu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've noticed a lot of timeouts for cmd tests lately, which is not so
> surprising with all the new incoming tests.

Which timeouts are you talking about? On windows machines? Never
experienced a timeout
Could you give me some link?

> I think test_builtins.cmd should be split in a few files, which would
> then be run separately. An added benefit is that it would permit
> putting tests that affect other tests in separate files.

It's difficult to test in complete isolation given that we use our own
dogfood (i.e. run with cmd) for cmd tests.
Also you would have to run all the tests anyway, since a small change
to a builtin can lead to regressions in other parts.
The association .cmd/.exp would have to be handled specially as well.

Frédéric