Hebrew: update

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Aug 29 11:57:12 CDT 2011

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
[...]
> Yes. It's called "type". Take a Hebrew text stored in a Windows 1255 encoded file, and "type
> file", see what happens. The order, if I understand this correctly, will be logical.

The Windows 7 console does not even support displaying the Hebrew
characters. My understanding is that this is because the only fonts it
lets you pick are lacking the required characters.

I tested this by creating a Unicode file with notepad (which displayed
everything fine, in Windows 7), containing:

---
Hello
שלום
---

The first line was ok but the second one was either question marks or
squares. The only fonts Windows will let me pick are 'Consolas', 'Lucida
Console' and 'Raster Fonts'.

              E-Voting: Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
                 Those who count the votes decide everything.