cmd: Don't parse colons as stream separators when splitting paths.

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 02:11:48 CDT 2011

2011/8/30 Octavian Voicu <octavian.voicu at gmail.com>:
> 2011/8/29 Octavian Voicu <octavian.voicu at gmail.com>
>>
>> Alexandre already committed the patch, so if native passes the test I can
>> send a test for the next iteration. On the other hand, if native chokes on
>> the colon, then we shouldn't add any testcases. If it works, might also
>> throw a @pwd@ in there.
>
> I've got the results, see [2]. I tried doing cd to a foo:bar directory, but
> it fails on Windows. Not sure what's with all the extra failures, but except
> tests on NT (where %cd% is broken) the second %cd% shows that either the
> directory was not created, or cd failed to that directory.
> I guess we could throw in the test without the echo %cd% part, but I'm not
> sure if it wouldn't affect subsequent tests -- if cd fails, then cd .. will
> go one level upper. Not sure if the test is worth the trouble...

%CD% indeed doesn't work on NT4, and there is a test for that already IIRC.
You can circumvent that with @pwd@ (starting path) [just using "cd" is
equivalent to "echo %cd%" and works everywhere]
An interesting test would be to use stuff like C:foo or Z:\foo for
regressions (or more portably @drive@)

Also don"t put stuff like "ECHO is off" in expected file, that's not
portable on non-English locales

You can use quotes, like e.g. echo 'whatever'

Frédéric