Where is the best place to report a fscanf bug found under wine-1.3.27?

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Tue Aug 30 14:00:02 CDT 2011

Le 30/08/2011 20:38, Peter Rosin a écrit :
> Den 2011-08-30 20:18 skrev David Laight:
>> On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 06:43:41PM -0700, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>>>    double x;
>>>    while(fscanf(stdin, " %le ",&x) == 1)
>> You are using the wrong format, %le is for 'long double', this will
>> probably overwrite too much data.
> Nope, you are mistaken and the OP is correct.
>
> %e   float
> %le  double
> %Le  long double
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

from what I understand, double and long double have the same precision
under msvc, while they don't on linux (and gcc)
likely a problematic conversion somewhere in the code path
A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)