Testing edge cases and undocumented behavior

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 23:14:59 CDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:00 AM, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> wrote:
> It is a good advice. But that doesn't means one has to submit tests that
> don't make sense.

It seems like a simple comment describing the undocumented behavior
would help. I wrote some tests years ago (the details are not
important because I don't remember them) based upon something in MSDN
and found that I could pass some extra foo and undocumented magic
would result.

My point is, I wish now I had written down in the form of a one or two
line comment, what I saw, so that in the future if I or someone else
were tracking down a bug in that component, that little note might
save someone else hours of effort.

Thanks
--
Steven Edwards