cmd: Print error messages on stderr, not on stdout. (try3)

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 04:07:25 CST 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 10:07, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> ---
>
> I meant to resend this one as [2/2] in my previous series but forgot.
> With the resynchronization points we can now handle the fixed output
> correctly in the tests this time.
>
>  programs/cmd/builtins.c                  |   20 ++++++++++----------
>  programs/cmd/tests/test_builtins.cmd     |    1 -
>  programs/cmd/tests/test_builtins.cmd.exp |    7 +++----
>  3 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

Hi François.

Would you mind updating the http://wiki.winehq.org/CmdConformanceTests
page with your synchronization stuff?
I'm not quite sure what/how it does exactly.

There is now a discrepancy between wine output, and testrunner output, e.g.
echo ------ eol option
for /f "eol=@" %%i in ("    ad") do echo %%i
echo bar

gave

------ eol option
Syntax error
bar

but not gives

------ eol option
bar

Shouldn't cmd output  always give the same as test runner output
(which is supposed to run cmd on the input file (test_builtins.cmd),
albeit with some preprocessing)?

Frédéric