Would making the Wine file dialogs know about the Nautilus bookmarks be a reasonable thing?

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon Dec 12 17:34:12 CST 2011

Assuming you're running Gnome, as I'm not sure there's a freedesktop
standard for the Bookmark feature yet (and perhaps there should be).

In every Gnome nautilus window, save dialog, and file open dialog
there's a standard set of folders you see on the side as quick links.
Some are obvious, and we duplicate them (eg Desktop), others are
automatic, like gvfs links to external hard disks. Users can also add
their own.

Would it be appropriate to display those self-added bookmarks in Wine?
I'm worried there might be something I'm missing about the
implementation that would make this difficult or a bad idea.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie