Looking to implement msvcp90's basic_ifstream (and friends)

Aaron Faanes dafrito at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 00:44:37 CST 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Piotr Caban <piotr.caban at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/17/11 10:10 PM, Aaron Faanes wrote:
>>
>> I agree that the locale stuff should come first. Would implementing the
>> stubs in dlls/msvcp90/locale.c be a good place to start?
>
> I'm working on implementing collate and ctype classes.  You can pick some
> other locale facet classes to implement (e.g. codecvt). If you start working
> on anything please let me know so we don't duplicate the work.

I started working on implementing codecvt. (after much studying of the
MSDN and the wine developer's guide) My plan is to get codecvt's
methods implemented as stubs first, then start filling them in with
relevant conformance tests.

A couple quick questions:

My plan is to put codecvt stuff in a new dlls/msvcp90/codecvt.c file,
with header definitions in msvcp90.h. Is this a good idea, or should
it go elsewhere?

Regarding conformance tests, my plan is to also put them in a
dlls/msvcp90/tests/codecvt.c. Should they go elsewhere?

If I do put them in a new file, should I put myself as the copyright
holder at the top of the file?

Thanks, Piotr, for helping me out on this!

--
Aaron Faanes <dafrito at gmail.com>