Mac OS X specific bugs

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Dec 23 11:11:22 CST 2011

Hi,

I encourage the Mac OS X users among you to retest your apps.

I have observed several bugs but have not found time to bisect them.
Some of those may be old as I don't have time either to test apps
regularly, i.e. with every release.

o mouse issues (likely shared with XInput 2 trouble on Linux)
  - Black & White 2 no mouse in main menu
  - Two mice in Haegemonia 2 (one HW, one SW)
  - Second mouse at 2*x,2*y in Haegemonia 2 while pressing button

o Some games from Deck13 hang at start: Luka, Ankh 1, Ankh 2

o Pirates! takes ages to start (and some other app too)

o Motocross Madness 2 doesn't start nowadays IIRC

o FS2002 now nearly kills the whole UI -- I had to ssh into the Mac
  and kill Wine.  Clearly a bug in MacOS or XQuartz, however it should
  be possible not to trigger that bug.

o Some other app (Pirates!?) also caused the wm to almost hang, reacting
  half a minute late to my clicks to switch to another window.  Unlike
  FS2002, it returned to normal after the app/Wine had finished initialization.

Also, there's one thing that has annoyed me for months.  Since one of
Damjan Jovanovic's patches, my /tmp/ directory gets spammed with .icons
files, thousands of them after some time.  IIRC on Linux, it's always
the same .desktop files that are recreated, so it doesn't matter.  I
once wrote a private patch to restore Linux behavior on Mac, because I've
described in the Wiki's Mac FAQ how to turn these .desktop into .command files with icons.

Happy new year,
	Jörg Höhle