Mac OS X specific bugs

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 23:14:15 CST 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 7:11 PM, <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:

> Also, there's one thing that has annoyed me for months.  Since one of
> Damjan Jovanovic's patches, my /tmp/ directory gets spammed with .icons
> files, thousands of them after some time.  IIRC on Linux, it's always
> the same .desktop files that are recreated, so it doesn't matter.  I
> once wrote a private patch to restore Linux behavior on Mac, because I've
> described in the Wiki's Mac FAQ how to turn these .desktop into .command
> files with icons.

IIRC the discussion at the time was that making an application bundle is
better than .command files with icon resource forks.

Sorry I haven't gotten to completing the Mac support for Winemenubuilder
yet - it seems that I'd have to use various MacOS APIs, and I don't even
have access to a Mac.

> Happy new year,
>        Jörg Höhle

Happy new year