Status on SetPixelFormat patch from May 2010

Jeff Cook jeff at deserettechnology.com
Sat Dec 31 05:51:55 CST 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 December 2011 22:15, Chris Robinson <chris.kcat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> years ago. I think a better fix would be for wined3d to use a dummy surface,
>> or a renderless context (available with OpenGL 3.0), if it's asked to use the
>> desktop window.
>>
> Yes, we do something along those lines in ddraw, and we'll likely move
> it to wined3d after 1.4.

Do you mind going into more detail on the motive for waiting for 1.4?
I was under the impression that WINE didn't usually postpone big
changes until an rc series was ongoing or at least anticipated. Is
there discussion of starting the 1.4 RC phase soon, and that's the
motive for holding off? I am just curious to know why you're waiting.