Wine FAQ edits

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed Feb 2 00:52:46 CST 2011

On 02/01/2011 09:47 PM, Albert Lee wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Vitaliy<vitaliy at kievinfo.com>  wrote:
>>> -cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files
>>> +cd .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files
>>
>> This will break if current directory is not $HOME.
>>

> 'cd' immediately precedes this.
That still doesn't make the command valid. It won't work from any directory,
that's the point.

>>> -/bin/sh -c glxgears
>>> +/usr/bin/env glxgears
>>
>> What advantage does "env" has over full featured shell? This is unnecessary.
>
> Why do you need a full shell to run a single external program? It
> complicates e.g. argument passing if you used this as a template.
Why do you don't want a full featured shell? What of that program is a shell
script?

>>> -@="/bin/sh run_linx_program acroread \"%1\""
>>> +@="/bin/sh -c \"acroread `wine winepath -u '%1'`\""
>>
>> Have you actually tested this? This won't work for paths with spaces. If it
>> will work at all.
>>

> Not with spaces, I'll fix this as well.
You still failed to test if it works. What "supposed to work" in shell
doesn't mean it works in Wine's process exec. So please test your
suggestions first. With Wine. And don't write shell scripts inside registry.
That won't work or do what you think it "should".

Vitaliy.