Wine FAQ edits

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed Feb 2 23:13:33 CST 2011

On 02/02/2011 09:52 PM, Albert Lee wrote:
> I meant 'cd' is the command preceding this one in the block this is a
> part of, if you look at the context.
Then you should remove that cd instead. Starting instructions from "go to
your home directory" just to jump somewhere else doesn't make much sense.

>   It's exec(2)'ed so it doesn't matter what the program is.
Basically run in a shell. So you need an extra wrapper (env) why?

> It works perfectly fine, thank you. It's not parsed by Wine and none
> of the embedded characters are metacharacters for the registry. That's the
>   reason for explicitly calling /bin/sh -c.
Don't write programs inside registry, especially involving multiple
expansions and output redirection. That's what the shell is for. Keep it
there as a simple 2 line script.

Vitaliy.