System-wide WoW64 setup

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 07:26:28 CST 2011

I've recently finished setting up WoW64 with the help of this guide
[http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64] and kevlarman on #winehackers.
However, I'm running into a lot of trouble to install it system-wide.

Git tree lives at ~/src/wine and my build dirs are ~/src/wine/build
and ~/src/wine/build64.

A first make install from build64 leads to this (as expected):
adys at azura:~$ wineboot
exec: 52: wine: not found

Following it by a make install from build32 I get:
adys at azura:~$ wineboot
/usr/bin/wineserver: error while loading shared libraries:
libwine.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

And if I reinstall from build64 above it, I get:
adys at azura:~$ wineboot
/usr/bin/wine: error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1:
wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

No improvement with a full clean and a reinstall starting by build32:

adys at azura:~$ wineboot
bash: /usr/bin/wineboot: No such file or directory
adys at azura:~$ wineboot
/usr/bin/wine: error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1:
wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

The guide doesn't mention a system-wide setup. Am I doing something wrong here?

--
J. Leclanche