bluetooth cpl support (Re: USB Device Support - Nokia PC Suite)

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 19 18:27:23 CST 2011

--- On Fri, 18/2/11, Mike Yates <eniw at fonehelp.co.uk> wrote:

> After rebooting, I did get a full
> list of "fixme" lines:-
>
> mike at myvmubuntu:~$ wine .wine/drive_c/Program\
> Files/Nokia/Nokia\ PC\
> Suite\ 7/PCSuite.exe

<snipped>

> err:module:import_dll Library irprops.cpl (which is needed
> by
> L"C:\\Program Files\\PC Connectivity
> Solution\\Transports\\NclMSBTSrv.exe") not found
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
> L"C:\\Program Files\\PC Connectivity
> Solution\\Transports\\NclMSBTSrv.exe" failed, status
> c0000135

<snipped>

> (0x14c0d00)->(0x33bcc8)
> I/O warning : failed to load external entity
> "ConfServer.dtd"
> err:msxml:domdoc_validateNode Could not load the external
> subset
> "ConfServer.dtd"

There are really only two important error messages here - I am not sure about the latter, but the first one is simply that part of the Nokia PC suite tries to load "irprops.cpl", which AFAIK is the bluetooth control panel applet. It is not surprising that it fails - that hasn't been written in wine yet.

I think both sides are 'barking up the wrong tree' - the initial poster thought PC suite failure is due to lack of sufficient USB support in wine; and some of the wine devs can possibly take a quick look before shouting the poster down. The lack of bluetooth implementation is a valid development discussion?

It appears that since Nokia PC suite supports bluetooth connectivity to mobile phones (as well as serial cable, infrared, AFAIK, I own nokia phones for about 10 years), it tries to load some windows OS bluetooth bits and fails. If the poster doesn't actually need bluetooth connectivity, adding a stub minimal implementation of irprops.cpl which does nothing can probably get the software to run?

OTOH, I already mentioned both on and off list a few times: xnokii/gnokii does what I need with nokia phones and I have never been drawn to look at running the windows nokia software in wine.