GSOC idea to implement the explorer

Andrew Green greeniekin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 18:52:05 CST 2011

I had assumed that the browser part of explorer simply hosted another
control or collection of controls. Though explorer is more than a
browser. It also acts like a desktop shell.
Though I understand this is probably the lower priority on the wine
developers list. As integrating into Linux desktop is probably the
preferred and most used mode. I thought that sharing reactos explorer
and working on making a complete explorer(including extensions) would
be the goal.
Though now I'm saying it I feel rather silly, as this really is the
least important part of wine.