Apologies to the List

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Feb 22 05:37:58 CST 2011

James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> writes:

> First, my tirade was not intended to be as such.  I wanted to pull the
> patch because it was incorrect and I did not want anyone else working
> on it while I silently trimmed it and made it better.
> Second, I realize this has affected my 'Jeremy White' score.  I hope
> that AJ understands why the code was pulled and that this happens
> frequently with a project this large.

No, it doesn't. Requesting your code to be pulled is a serious matter,
and a major break of the trust that is necessary for us all to work
together. You can't do something like this and expect it not to have
consequences.

It was already unlikely that you would get any of your patches in, based
on their technical merit, but now even if you managed to make your code
acceptable, I wouldn't put it in, because I can't trust you not to make
me pull it out again next time you get mad at me.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org