Apologies to the List

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 22 20:52:08 CST 2011

On 2/22/11 4:37 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> James McKenzie<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>  writes:
>
>> First, my tirade was not intended to be as such.  I wanted to pull the
>> patch because it was incorrect and I did not want anyone else working
>> on it while I silently trimmed it and made it better.
>> Second, I realize this has affected my 'Jeremy White' score.  I hope
>> that AJ understands why the code was pulled and that this happens
>> frequently with a project this large.
> No, it doesn't. Requesting your code to be pulled is a serious matter,
> and a major break of the trust that is necessary for us all to work
> together. You can't do something like this and expect it not to have
> consequences.
>
> It was already unlikely that you would get any of your patches in, based
> on their technical merit, but now even if you managed to make your code
> acceptable, I wouldn't put it in, because I can't trust you not to make
> me pull it out again next time you get mad at me.

And I agree with this decision.  You are technically "the keeper of the
code" and I have on more than one occasion transgressed this unwritten rule.

However, I will still post patches for comments in Wine Development and
subsequently release them to the LGPL/Wine in Wine-Patches so that
others can work with them.  I feel that is only fair for what I have
done.  Is that acceptable?

This seems to be the method used by others, however I have been known to
be massively incorrect in the past, and I could be wrong now.

If posting them to bug reports is the preferred method I will that instead.

James McKenzie