kernel32/tests: remove win9x hacks (try 2)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 23 20:28:06 CST 2011

On 2/23/11 12:13 PM, Austin English wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 03:17, Damjan Jovanovic<damjan.jov at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Austin English
>> <austinenglish at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> --
>>> -Austin
>>>

>> So test.winehq.org doesn't test Win9x any more, but why are we
>> throwing away perfectly good Win9x tests that took years to get in?
> Because the code is essentially dead.

Ok.  I agree with that thought, but riched20.dll has different
functionality based upon different versions of Windows.  Thus riched20
functions will vary based upon the version of Windows we are trying to
emulate.

As I stated, I run dOOm II, which basically is a Windows95 First Person
Shooter.  There are other old games like this that I feel that Wine
should support because this functionality is going away with Microsoft
Windows.  Windows 3.1/3.11 is already gone, for the most part.  Thus,
like Damjan said, the tests are there and have been proven.  I agree
that no new Windows9x tests should be added, except where needed, to the
existing codebase.

James McKenzie