Slides for Wine talk at Scale tomorrow

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Sat Feb 26 08:10:41 CST 2011

Am 26.02.2011 01:22, schrieb Dan Kegel:
> Anyone going to be at Scale in Los Angeles this weekend?
> I'll be giving a talk there tomorrow afternoon, showing
> off how well Wine works and demonstrating how to
> use and extend winetricks.  Draft slides are up
> at http://kegel.com/wine/scale9x/
>
> I still have time to tweak them, so if you have suggestions

... I'd love to hear them, but i'm far away and even don't know what the scale9x is.
Slides look great, but the example of installing Firefox is not choosen so good.
(Don't get me wrong, i love to run nightly firefox builds in Wine, even the 64-bit version)
I think that makes it look like you need Wine to run Firefox on Linux, or that Open Source Apps run better in Wine than others.
Then "contribute your change to winetricks.org" at winetricks.org is no easy contribute button or something,
further i also can't see a way for a normal developer to send a patch on that site.

Remaining Problems:
Performance, that sounds very general..
.net, at least mention mono :)

--