AppDB: Do not upload screenshots of error messages, installers, game menus

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 14:23:01 CST 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:18:17 +0100
André Hentschel <nerv at dawncrow.de> wrote:

> AppDB should represent the actual state of an App, so game menus, installer screenshots and graphical glitches are ok IMO.
> Of course the graphical glitch should have a bug filed and should not only lay around in AppDB, but if there is a Bug for it and it's not yet fixed, then why we should hide it to the user?

My concern is that it's not uncommon for new users to believe that they actually are reporting a bug when they submit something to the AppDB, and accepting screenshots of graphical problems reinforces that misconception. I see redirecting users to bugzilla as simply setting them straight on what gets reported where. This doesn't hide problems; there is a section for bug links in every AppDB entry.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>